Nous sommes actuellement le 19 Mar 2024, 05:01

Heures au format UTC + 1 heure [ Heure d’été ]

Publier un nouveau sujet Répondre au sujet  [ 82 messages ]  Aller à la page Précédent  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Auteur Message
 Sujet du message: Re: Débriefing Marle juin 2013
Nouveau messagePublié: 26 Aoû 2013, 20:03 
Hors-ligne

Casque à lunettes ça dépendrai du style..

Profil Envoyer un e-mail  

Nouveau messagePublié: 26 Aoû 2013, 22:55 
Hors-ligne

Question cataphractaires, oui il y en a chez les germains, ça été précisé plus haut. Le souci c'est comment utiliser la cavalerie sans faire n'importe quoi, soit niveau Histoire, soit en pratiques un peu hasardeuse! Si on a des cataphractaires alors ils doivent utiliser le contus sinon ça sert à rien d'être caparaçonné! On peut utiliser une cavalerie légère pour le lancer de projectiles ou alors en fin de combat avec la débandade des derniers survivants rattrapés et achevés. Ca peut être fun!

Profil Envoyer un e-mail  

Nouveau messagePublié: 26 Aoû 2013, 23:59 
Hors-ligne

Je suis d'accord pour la cavalerie. Tout dépend du contexte de la bataille afin d'utiliser celle ci a bonne escient.

Profil Envoyer un e-mail  

Nouveau messagePublié: 27 Aoû 2013, 14:04 
Hors-ligne

Again, good comments. o'

About 'Germanic cataphracts', I agree of course that Sarmatians could have had cataphracts, but that is not my point. I think it is not correct to show Saramtian cavalry as Germanic cavalry, without having a majority of real germanic cavalry present. The impression of 2 Germanic horses with body armour created in my opinion a wrong impression to the public. I have nothing against Sarmatian cavalry as part of the show, of course not. It would also be nice to show Sassanid Persian armoured elephants. These existed between 300 and 600, so no problem - but do we want to create the impression that these were a common part of an army in Gaul? Similarly, I think it would have been a better choice if the Sarmatians had been part of the Roman cavalry. OK, that's my opinion, of course ....

About the period of the event, I did not know that we did 300-600! I really assumed we did something of a late 4th century to early 5th century battle..

Lastly, plumbatae. We brought about 30 plumbatae with us. However I decided not to use them in battle, because they would probably have been trampled by both armies. If in future we can have a pause bweteen throwing and fighting, allowing for the missiles to be collected, I am happy to use our plumbatae. I think the public does not mind if we use harmless missiles with rubber tips.

Profil Envoyer un e-mail  

Nouveau messagePublié: 27 Aoû 2013, 14:51 
Hors-ligne

Localisation: Brest - pagus Legionensis - Civitas Ossismi - Letavia
The horsemen were described as steppic cavalry during the specific cavalry demonstration ;)
Their presence would make sense in some germanic armies were Sarmatians or Alans found good employment. Maybe more for eastern germanic rather than western ones however. It is not a big deal for me, not more than having Vendel and Angle warriors leading the armies, the only thing is that it needs to be clearly said to the public.

I wasn't in the best position to pay attention to the commentaries :mrgreen: , yet I noticed Alain said something about the differences between the roman and germanic cavalry, the first having the four horned saddle, the second high front saddle with stirrups, making their apparition in the 6th century.

Profil Envoyer un e-mail  

Nouveau messagePublié: 27 Aoû 2013, 14:57 
Hors-ligne

Citer:
Lastly, plumbatae. We brought about 30 plumbatae with us. However I decided not to use them in battle, because they would probably have been trampled by both armies. If in future we can have a pause bweteen throwing and fighting, allowing for the missiles to be collected, I am happy to use our plumbatae. I think the public does not mind if we use harmless missiles with rubber tips.

There was one, theorically, but we lacked real arrow pickers so it wasn't very effective...

Profil Envoyer un e-mail  

Nouveau messagePublié: 28 Aoû 2013, 10:31 
Hors-ligne

Modération :
Pour éviter de surcharger la discussion ici j'ai crée un nouveau fil consacré aux projectiles sécurisés.
Voir ici pour retrouver vos messages déplacés ou tronqués : viewtopic.php?f=89&t=2567&p=23563#p23563

Profil Envoyer un e-mail  

Publier un nouveau sujet Répondre au sujet  [ 82 messages ]  Aller à la page Précédent  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Heures au format UTC + 1 heure [ Heure d’été ]